Reference number: 2018/10
Application deadline: June 03, 2018
REC office: REC Head Office
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
The REC is inviting applications from native English speakers for the post of Editorial Manager.
- Copyediting and structuring text for REC publications according to REC style guidelines and REC policy, and preparing text for layout.
- Proofreading REC publications according to REC style guidelines, entering corrections in the layout program and cooperating closely with the designer to finalise publications for printing/pdf publication.
- Writing and researching content for REC publications, and adapting text stylistically for use in a wide variety of publications, such as posters, flyers, academic reports and websites.
- Contributing at the concept phase to the planning/structuring of online educational toolkits.
- Reviewing and writing information presented on the REC’s website (including news items, HR announcements and events announcements), ensuring conformity with REC policy, and cooperating closely with the webmaster to ensure that content is displayed attractively and appropriately.
- Using the CMS for the REC website and project websites to add/edit/update content.
- Cooperating with project managers (PMs) from the head and country offices on the development and publication of project pages for the REC website project portfolio section.
- Cooperating closely with designers/webmasters on the production of REC hard-copy and online publications, and on the development of the REC website and other promotional materials.
- Cooperating closely with REC project managers at the head and country offices in the timely production of published materials.
- Providing language advice on request to colleagues from all REC departments, including the Legal Counsel Unit.
- Developing and updating REC editorial guidelines for staff and contractors.
- Developing guidelines for translators, subcontractors and colleagues, as necessary.
- Overseeing all editorial aspects of the publishing process.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in copyediting/proofreading.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office user).
- Basic knowledge of desktop publishing software (including Quark Xpress).
- Experience in using CMS software.
- Native-level English language skills.
- A keen eye and close attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and be a team player.
- General knowledge of environmental issues, especially in Central and Eastern Europe.
- A university degree in a related field.
Terms of employment
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary. The position is for a fixed period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications by May 13, 2018, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
H-2000, Szentendre, Ady Endre ut 9-11
Please include the position reference number in your application. If applying by email, please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
The REC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity in all aspects of employment regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, political affiliation, religious background, sexual orientation, age, disability, professional affiliation or any other circumstances having no direct connection with employment in the organisation. By applying for the above position, candidates accept that during the recruitment process The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe handles their personal data according to the applicable EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each position, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.