Reference number: 2018/03
Application deadline: June 03, 2018
REC office: REC Head Office
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
The project manager will oversee the implementation of REC projects distributed over multiple geographical locations within the Programme Implementation Unit.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- contributing to the strategic and business development of the REC;
- providing services and products to support the implementation of related global and EU policies and measures in the REC’s beneficiary area;
- contributing to the preparation of proposals and tenders and participating actively in project development meetings;
- managing quality control;
- meeting commitments and delivering services to constituents and target groups in an efficient, effective and ethical manner;
- providing regular project-related content for inclusion on the REC’s website and social media channels (i.e. information about project launches, steering committee meetings, project completion and other relevant project milestones);
- managing any additional tasks as and when assigned by the head of unit and by the head of programme implementation;
- managing Interreg/Horizon 2020 projects;
- supporting the implementation of projects implemented by the Water and Natural Resources Unit (WNR); and
- contributing to the further development of the WNR by supporting the realisation of the WNR work plan for subsequent year(s) and providing project management.
- A minimum of seven years’ work experience in project management.
- Knowledge of both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Direct work experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, the environmental, social and economic policies of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Proven experience in people and change management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Proven experience in risk management.
- Proven experience with technical assistance projects dealing with water management and the environment and the EU environmental acquis is an asset.
- Project management experience in Central and Eastern Europe and in European Neighbourhood Policy countries in the last 10 calendar years is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form in English. Fluency (written and spoken) in a language of a Central and Eastern European country is a strong asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Organisational skills, with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Time management skills; ability to plan and prioritise own work under tight deadlines; and flexibility to tackle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in project management software.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- A university degree in a relevant field.
- A qualification in project management (e.g. PMP certification or equivalent).
Terms of employment
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary. The position is for a fixed period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications by May 13, 2018, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
H-2000, Szentendre, Ady Endre ut 9-11
Please include the position reference number in your application. If applying by email, please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
The REC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity in all aspects of employment regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, political affiliation, religious background, sexual orientation, age, disability, professional affiliation or any other circumstances having no direct connection with employment in the organisation. By applying for the above position, candidates accept that during the recruitment process The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe handles their personal data according to the applicable EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each position, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.