Reference number: 2018/08
Application deadline: May 13, 2018
REC office: REC Head Office
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
The REC is inviting applications for the position of Junior Expert to support the implementation of the REC’s projects in the Water Management and Natural Resources Unit (WNR). Projects include but are not limited to: EMPHASIS, ESMERALDA, Urban Green Belts and Green Danube.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- providing inputs to strengthen REC services and products that support the implementation of global and EU-related policies and measures in the field of expertise in the beneficiary area of the REC;
- supporting other in-house projects if needed;
- following REC internal policies and procedures;
- undertaking assigned tasks in a timely and cost-efficient manner;
- maintaining data confidentiality;
- meeting commitments and delivering services to constituents and target groups in an efficient, effective and ethical manner;
- contributing to the strategic and business development of the WNR;
- supporting the preparation of proposals and tenders and participating actively in project development meetings;
- maintaining communication with project target groups; and
- feeding social media channels and the project website with content.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience directly relevant to the assignment, with proven experience in green infrastructure and agri-environmental topics.
- Experience in the preparation of studies, analytical reports, briefings on policy developments and policy document reviews.
- Experience of working with governmental bodies, municipalities, academia and industry.
- Experience in information and data management.
- Knowledge of environmental policies and environmental management is an asset.
- Knowledge of the environmental situation and practices in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Knowledge of the project management cycle.
- Strong office management and administrative skills, including computer literacy.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English.
- Fluency in Czech or Slovak is a strong asset.
- Time management skills; ability to plan and prioritise own work under tight deadlines; and flexibility to tackle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently, and to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- A university degree in a relevant field, preferably in environmental science, biology, ecology, agriculture, geography or landscape planning.
Terms of employment
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary. The position is for a fixed period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications by May 13, 2018, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
H-2000, Szentendre, Ady Endre ut 9-11
Please include the position reference number in the email subject line.
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each position, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
The REC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity in all aspects of employment regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, political affiliation, religious background, sexual orientation, age, disability, professional affiliation or any other circumstances having no direct connection with employment in the organisation.