Reference number: 2018/01
Application deadline: March 15, 2018
REC office: REC Albania
The expert will provide input in the field of civil society support for REC Albania.
Specific tasks include:
- contributing to the implementation of the SENIOR-II project by both monitoring the granting scheme and facilitating the capacity-building activities for beneficiaries of the programme;
- participating in the implementation of activities related to Albania’s environmental priorities, mainly addressing institutional development and the development of the legal framework;
- contributing to the implementation of other public participation and stakeholder needs assessments in the field of environment and nature protection in Albania;
- carrying out studies and assessments and;
- managing additional tasks as and when assigned by the director of REC Albania.
- A minimum of seven years’ work experience in the field of civil society, preferably in project-related tasks similar to the areas of work described above.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in the field of civil society projects implemented in partnership with other organisations in Albania or the region.
- Experience in the preparation of studies, analytical reports, policy assessments and briefings on policy developments, and in reviewing policy documents.
- Experience in assessing the implementation of policy initiatives and policy instruments.
- Experience of working with governmental bodies, municipalities and civil society.
- Knowledge related to protected areas and ecosystem services is an asset.
- Knowledge of environmental policies and environmental management.
- Knowledge of the environmental situation and practices in Albania.
- Knowledge of the project management cycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work in a team and to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a multicultural, multiethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Organisational skills, with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Time management skills; ability to plan and prioritise own work under tight deadlines; and flexibility to tackle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to travel.
- An MSc in a relevant field, preferably in environmental science, social sciences or regional development. An additional university degree is an asset.
Terms of employment
This position is based at the REC’s office in Albania. The position is for one year, with the possibility of extension.
How to apply
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications by March 15, 2017, to:
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
Country Office Albania
Rr. Ismail Qemali, Nr. 27, Tirana, Albania
Please include the position reference number in your application. If applying by email, please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each position, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.Tweet