Reference number: 2016/13
Application deadline: January 16, 2017
Organisation: REC Head Office
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
- Providing client support and resolving technical issues in person and via e-mail, phone and other electronic media.
- Answering users’ inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation.
- Conferring with users or conducting computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Referring major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for servicing.
- Entering commands and observing system functioning in order to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Overseeing the daily performance of computer systems.
- Setting up equipment for use by employees and ensuring the proper installation of cables, operating systems and appropriate software.
- Preparing evaluations of software or hardware and recommending improvements or upgrades.
- Developing training materials and procedures, or training users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Maintaining knowledge of hardware and software and regularly attending trainings and seminars.
- Conferring with staff and management in order to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Performing light lifting and carrying computers, printers or other technical equipment.
- A working knowledge of Windows environments, Microsoft Office applications, available tools and software applications/utilities.
- Possession of Microsoft certificates (MCP) is an advantage.
- A minimum of two to three years’ work experience in the area of user support and/or system administration.
- OSX and Mac support experience is an advantage (DTP, Quark, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator Creative Cloud knowledge is a plus).
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Hungarian and English.
- Interest in learning new skills and ability to learn fast.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication and social skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team player.
Specialised studies in a relevant field are required. A college or university degree is a plus (information technology, computer sciences, electrical engineering).
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary. The position is for a fixed period of one year, with the possibility of extension.
How to apply
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications by January 16, 2017, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
2000 Szentendre, Ady Endre ut 9-11
Email: recruitment at rec.org
Please include the position reference number in your application. If applying by email, please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each position, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
The REC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity in all aspects of employment regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, political affiliation, religious background, sexual orientation, age, disability, professional affiliation or any other circumstances having no direct connection with employment in the organisation.