Reference number: 2018/13
Application deadline: June 13, 2018
REC office: REC Head Office
Location: REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary or any of the offices within the REC Country Office network
The REC is seeking a dynamic and visionary individual who will supervise the REC project portfolio in the sectors of Climate Change, Mobility and Low Emission Development and will the development and implementation of flagship projects in the beforementioned sectors.
Tasks also include, but are not limited to:
- contributing to the strategic and business development of the REC for applications in the sectors mentioned above;
- providing advice to the Head of Programme Implementation and Head of Business Development Units on the strategic decisions related to the development of the above-mentioned sectors;
- contributing to the preparation of proposals and tenders and participating actively in project development meetings;
- being responsible for ensuring the overall financial sustainability of the related fields through: project development and fundraising, in cooperation with the Business Development Unit; and the establishment and maintenance of good donor and client relations;
- providing services and products to support the implementation of related global and EU policies and measures in the REC’s beneficiary area;
- being responsible for the implementation of CMLED projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner and managing quality control of project outputs and technical reports;
- providing guidance and internal training for the experts and project managers (PMs) in REC on key topics related to the implementation of projects in the sectors covered by the Unit;
- managing the CMLED Unit staff in accordance with REC internal policies and procedures, participating in the yearly performance appraisal of the staff under his/her supervision in close cooperation with the Head of Programme Implementation;
- acting as a leading expert (key expert) in projects implemented by REC;
- managing any additional tasks as and when assigned by the Head of Programme Implementation and by the Executive Director.
- A minimum of ten years’ work experience in the field of low carbon emissions, climate adaptation, urban mobility, proven by references provided in the last fifteen years (from 2003 onwards)
- A minimum of five years’ experience in managing people and leading teams in the last ten years;
- Experience in working with the countries from the European Neigbourhood Partnership (South and East);
- Experience in provision of expertise in the related fields under projects financed by international organisations and donors;
- Experience in change management (proven by references related to restructuring of organization – as part of the management or as consultant);
- Proven experience in strategic planning and in risk management;
- Experience in working with International Financial Institutions and experience with blending financing instruments in the field of climate change mitigation and energy efficiency is a very strong asset;
- Project management experience in Central and Eastern Europe and in the European Neighborhood Policy countries in the last ten years is an asset;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a multicultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of any other language from the REC’s beneficiary region (particularly Albanian, Bosnian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Serbian or Turkish) and further to these French, or Russian is an asset;
- Demonstrated diplomatic and negotiation skills, with a thorough understanding of international processes related to the environment and sustainable development;
- Organizational skills, with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail;
- Time management skills; ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines; flexibility to tackle numerous tasks simultaneously;
- Computer skills, including proficiency in project management software;
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Minimum college or university degree in a relevant field;
- MBA or PhD is desirable;
- Certificates and additional qualifications in the relevant fields will be considered as a strong asset.
- A dynamic, professional and multinational working environment;
- Challenging international projects;
- Market-oriented salary and other compensation elements;
- Working equipment (laptop and mobile phone);
- Opportunity for professional learning and development;
- Travel opportunities in the region and beyond;
Terms of employment
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary or any of the offices within the REC Country Office network. The position is for a fixed period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications in English (only English-language applications will be considered) by June 13, 2018, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
H-2000, Szentendre, Ady Endre ut 9-11
Please include the position reference number in your application. If applying by email, please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
The REC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity in all aspects of employment regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, political affiliation, religious background, sexual orientation, age, disability, professional affiliation or any other circumstances having no direct connection with employment in the organisation. By applying for the above position, candidates accept that during the recruitment process The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe handles their personal data according to the applicable EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each position, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.