Str. Enver Maloku No. 28, IV/3, Pristina 1000, Kosovo*
Phone: +383 38 22 51 23
Fax: +383 38 22 71 23
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
Our vision is to empower active environmental citizenship to and support environmentally mainstreamed policy making.
The office was established to assist in the development and strengthening of environmental civil society; to support the development and enforcement of appropriate environmental policies; and to ensure that environmental issues are taken into consideration during the process of transition. REC Office Kosovo* focuses its activities in three main areas:
- Support to institutions for efficient environmental management: building the capacities of governmental officials, local authorities and environmental CSOs; and promoting good governance practices, transparency and environmental democracy.
- Provision of information/education for civil society: implementing environmental education and awareness-raising campaigns and disseminating environmental information.
- Development of sustainable communities: promoting energy efficiency, waste recycling and other sustainable development practices.
- Environmental policy making
- Local environmental action planning
- Civil society development and capacity building
- Environmental education
- Water resources management
- Sustainable development
- Waste management (waste prevention and recycling)
- Information dissemination
- Ecological agriculture
- Biodiversity conservation