Str. "Enver Maloku" No. 28, Pristina, Kosovo*
Phone / Fax: (381-38) 22 51 23
PO Box 160, 10000 Pristina, Kosovo *
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
- Agron Bektashi Office Director |
- Naim Arifaj Operational and Information Office Assistant |
- Firdeze Bekteshi Project and Information Officer |
- Fitore Ferizi Project and Finance Officer |
- Avdullah Nishori Expert |
- Lura Rexhepi Junior Expert |
Our vision is to empower active environmental citizenship to and support environmentally mainstreamed policy making.
The office was established to assist in the development and strengthening of environmental civil society; to support the development and enforcement of appropriate environmental policies; and to ensure that environmental issues are taken into consideration during the process of transition. REC Office Kosovo* focuses its activities in three main areas:
- Support to institutions for efficient environmental management: building the capacities of governmental officials, local authorities and environmental CSOs; and promoting good governance practices, transparency and environmental democracy.
- Provision of information/education for civil society: implementing environmental education and awareness-raising campaigns and disseminating environmental information.
- Development of sustainable communities: promoting energy efficiency, waste recycling and other sustainable development practices.
- Environmental policy making
- Local environmental action planning
- Civil society development and capacity building
- Environmental education
- Water resources management
- Sustainable development
- Waste management (waste prevention and recycling)
- Information dissemination
- Ecological agriculture
- Biodiversity conservation