Episcop Timus 4, sector 1, 011612, Bucharest, Romania
Phone: +40 21 316 7344
Fax: +40 21 316 7264
- Valerio Ponzo Acting Country Office Director |
- Alexandru Senger Bara Expert |
- Bogdan Constantin Barbu Junior Expert |
- Laurentia Loredana Dini Administrative, HR and Financial Manager
REC Romania was among the first REC country offices to be established in the region (1992). From the early stages of Romania's transitional period, the grants schemes, networking support and training programmes that REC Romania managed ensured the emergence and growth of a genuine, diverse and active community of environmental NGOs. While its actions have continued to fan out over time, the office also offered steadfast and productive support during the country's successful journey towards EU accession.
Since 2000, strategic partnerships have been created with several ministries (e.g. the Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests and its network of regional and local environmental agencies; and the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration), thus enabling the establishment of mutually beneficial cooperation as REC Romania continues to acquire and foster expertise in the areas of clean energy, green transport, waste management, and public participation in environmental issues. Moreover, REC Romania is an established player on the international environmental field through the management and delivery of expertise through the many EU and international projects that fall under its purview.
REC Romania has engaged several key governmental and private sector stakeholders since its inception, while also providing technical assistance to local authorities through local environmental action plans (LEAPs), support for environmental awareness and communication campaigns, and other types of assistance. With over 200 projects implemented to date, REC Romania has been ambitious in meeting its targets and energetic in pursuing its mission, thus enabling the organisation to better understand the variety of challenges and needs that come with implementing different national schemes, EU directives and multilateral agreements, which in turn allows REC Romania to calibrate its offers and activities across the market in a progressive way.
- Sustainable development and energy planning at local level.
- Stakeholder mobilisation in the areas of urban mobility, energy efficiency and environmental communication.
- Planning and evaluation of environmental infrastructure projects.
- Development of environmental awareness-raising campaigns for local and national authorities, as well as for private organisations.
- Training for central and local authorities, businesses and NGOs.
- Application of Structural and Cohesion Funds programming for strategic environmental assessment (SEA).
- Assistance for project development through EU Structural Funds.
- Support in the preparation of strategic documents, such as short-term and long-term strategies at local and national level.
- Support for transboundary cooperation initiatives.