Country Office Hungary
2000, Szentendre, Ady E. u. 9-11
Phone: (36-26) 504-076
Fax: (36-26) 302-137
- Eva Csobod - Country Office Director
- Julia Schuchmann - Project Manager
- Peter Szuppinger - Project Manager
- Cecilia Fuzi - Project Assistant
REC Hungary was initially part of the REC's head office, but has been independent since 1995 when the head office moved to Szentendre. REC Hungary has a full-time staff of two, as well as casual and contract workers.
Our mission is to assist in solving environmental problems in Hungary and to promote cooperation in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
REC Hungary fulfills this mission by encouraging cooperation among non-governmental organisations, governments and businesses; supporting the free exchange of information; and promoting public participation in environmental decision making.
- Sustainable development, strategy and implementation
- Sustainable consumption and production, including awareness raising among consumers
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy resources at municipal level
- Environment and health in Hungary and in the CEE region
- Cross-sector cooperation, capacity building and the stabilisation of democracy
- Education, training and organisational development