Application deadline: January 13, 2017
The deadline for this call has been extended. Applications already received will be evaluated, although applicants may re-submit their application if they wish.
We are looking for enthusiastic activists to join forces and to contribute to ideas and solutions connected to water and environment!
Through the Dialogue and Cooperation action of the WATER SUM project / WATER POrT project component, the REC is launching a call for applications targeting Egypt, Jordan and Tunisia for the development and implementation of actions and activities in cooperation with non-governmental organisations (NGOs), civil society organisations (CSOs) and organisations active in gender-related issues.
Applicants can request a contribution of up to EUR 5,000 each. The awarded organisations will work in the coming months with selected members of the WATER SUM team on their proposed actions and activities. The total budget available for this call is up to EUR 75,000.
This call opportunity is open to two distinct categories of applicants:
- CSOs and NGOs that are focused specifically on water and/or environment; and
- CSOs, NGO and women’s associations or organisations that are principally engaged in addressing gender-related issues and gender mainstreaming within water-related and/or environment-related themes.
The aim of the call is to support the development of civil society, the main actor involved in the process, through a range of services and activities linked to the in the water realm, namely:
- leading and organising water management, capacity-building and awareness-raising efforts;
- developing leadership skills and abilities to build up and operate successful organisations;
- supporting coordination and networking schemes within the civil society, as well as with other stakeholder sectors; and
- facilitating common understanding of the needs of water practitioners and stakeholders with regard to cooperation and taking a regional approach in managing water challenges.
We are searching for committed people to identify challenges and to suggest potential, tangible actions and activities that can lead to innovative solutions in the water sector.
- Application period: December 16, 2016 – January 13, 2017
- Announcement of results on the WATER SUM webpage, the WATER POrT Forum and WATER SUM social media channels (FB, Twitter): by January 23, 2017
- Implementation period: January – March 2017
- Presentation of results: March 22, 2017 | World Water Day 2017
- Contributions up to EUR 5,000 each are available for NGO/CSO-led activities and projects in Egypt, Jordan and Tunisia.
- Contributions may be used for new activities and/or actions that build on recently finalised projects and initiatives (referenced finalised projects should have ended not more than one year ago).
- Awarded organisations will manage contributions on the basis of a specific agreement signed with the REC. Final decisions will be made based on a discussion of details of the winning applications.
How to apply
- Download the full Application Package here.
- Fill in each of the four mandatory documents – which form part of the full Application Package – by following the provided guidelines:
- ANNEX 1 – Executive Summary (in English language only)
- ANNEX 2 – Narrative Statement (in English OR French/Arabic languages)
- ANNEX 3 – Organisation Identification Sheet (in English language only)
- ANNEX 4 – Budget
- Send back your application TO firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com
- The deadline for sending your application is January 13, 2017
- The applicant(s) must be legally registered in Egypt, Jordan or Tunisia
- The scope of proposed actions and activities must be connected to at least one of the three key themes of the WATER POrT project component of the WATER SUM project.
- Actions and activities must be designed by and led by either an NGO, CSO or women’s association or organisation.
- Ideas connected to youth participation and social innovation and entrepreneurship are considered as an added value.
- Actions and activities must state clear objectives and be results-oriented.
- Actions and activities must be based locally, while also envisioning activities that can contribute to building skills and leadership.
- Actions and activities should be inclusive, and should also involve other water actors and stakeholders to a certain extent.
- The applicant(s) cannot be a for-profit entity.
The Evaluation Committee for this call comprises REC experts and the WATER SUM project partners.